[bksvol-discuss] Re: Soft page breaks

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:49:46 -0400

Hi, Mary.  Hi, Carrie.

Mary, you asked, among other things, how to eliminate soft breaks. I have two suggestions, both of which I learned
while lurking on the list as a newbie.
1. Make your page size the biggest size as possible. Of course, "Legal" is you first option, and that usually works for me. But there's one other choice in Word, I can't remember it right now, which is 8 x 26 inches. There's
no way you'll get a soft break with that one.
2. Make the size of your text smaller. I read in a past message from Carrie that you can go as low as 9 point type.
I don't know your software so that's all the help I can give.

Hopefully,
Marilyn

On Jul 24, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Carrie Karnos wrote:

Hi Mary,

The number osoft page breaks in a book doesn't matter; it's the number of hard page breaks that does. If your book's number of page breaks is within 10% of the actual number of pages in the book, then it should be approved (assuming everything else is okay). I'm training a replacement for me, since I'm going on a 2-week business trip, but clearly there was some miscommunication between us. Please upload your book and I'll take a look at it.

Carrie