[bksvol-discuss] Re: Smash Words books

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:02:08 -0400

I was not familiar with Smash Words, so I clicked the link and looked around the site a bit. It was only a superficial look around, so I may have missed something, but it does not appear to be a source of books that Bookshare volunteers can submit. We have been instructed to not submit ebooks, but only actual print books that we have scanned. If you want an ebook in the collection you should contact the Bookshare publisher liaison. Somehow I just can't see printing out an ebook and then scanning the printout as acceptable. That printout is not a print book. It is only your own rendering of an ebook.

On 10/17/2012 9:46 AM, Martha Rafter wrote:
Blank
Hi Netta,
I think that this is something you should ask Madeleine or alisa. One or both should know for sure. HTH!