[bksvol-discuss] Re: Smart quotes

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 22:22:21 -0400

You don't want to change them if they are in fact apostrophes. But if they are opening and closing single quotes, then you might. I've heard that the braille translator knows how to handle those now, but if I encountered those I would probably change them to apostrophes to be on the safe side. Fortunately, my K1000 does not recognize the opening and closing quotes, putting in the apostrophe where they would appear in the book; so I don't need to worry about those, nor the so-called "smart" double quotes either.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "john.falter" <john.falter@xxxxxxxxxxx>