[bksvol-discuss] Re: Smart quotes

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 13:11:43 -0400

Hi Tracy,
     To change smart quotes to regular quotes:
In the find box, type ^0147
In the replace box type ^0034
hit enter. then
In the find box type ^0148
In the replace box type ^0034
hit enter. then
In the find box type ^0145
In the replace box type ^0039
Hit enter. then
In the find box type ^0146
In the replace box type ^0039
Hit enter.

Keep in mind they say we don't have to do this any more as the bookshare tools do it, but I do it anyway. Have a good day!
Marty
-----Original Message----- From: Tracy Carcione
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:57 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Smart quotes

Can someone remind me of the code to search and replace to get rid of
smart quotes?  I am using Word 2003, if it matters.  I wrote down how to
turn off smart quotes, but neglected to write down how to get rid of any
that might already exist.
Thanks.
Tracy