[bksvol-discuss] Re: Slightly OT: PC vs Mac and info, was: I need software advice.

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 02:06:59 -0600

Cindy;

It all depends if you want to stay on a Mac or move to a PC.

Word 2004 and 2008 are Mac and both are very stable.  I use both, mostly 2008.

Microsoft Windows 7 succeeds Windows Vista which replaced XP.  Kind of like
Snow Leopard replaced Leopard replaced Tiger in Mac operating Systems.  Windows
2007 with the dreaded ribbons is PC only.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.  I am guessing I am one of few people
on the list who uses both types and all the applications on both.

FWIW, I did a check of the chat room on the Mac and it was pretty dismal for a
sighted user.  they do not have the mini-app for Macs that gives it more
functionality.  Microsoft IE 8 and updated Firefox have workable solutions,
though.

Valerie