[bksvol-discuss] Re: Slightly OT: A hysterical typo in AT

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:14:25 -0500

Hi everyone!

I'm having a great time catching up on list mail, (smile).

I had a nasty scanno in "The Best of the Best from Minnesota cookbook", which is a collection of recipes from cookbooks around the state, so I was glad I didn't put it up as a raw scan.

The recipes are accompanied with the cookbook they originated in and the submitter of the recipe in the original cookbook. Most of the time, her correct name of Dorthy Rickers was recognized, but one time, a(and I'll clean it up for mixed company), her name was called by Openbook as Dorthy Fu%#ers.

Debby

At 01:12 PM 3/14/2011, Julia wrote
Lol, both very amusing.
My funny scano was tuckers became a naughty word, the t became an f.At first when i read it, i thought the character was mad at her family, but when i saw it again, i realized it was a scanno
julia

On 14/03/2011 12:23 AM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
I am still laughing over a scanno I once encountered. It was in Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky. The sentence began "Parts of the far left become indistinguishable from the far right..." The P in Parts scanned as an F.

"There can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven." - Robert Ingersoll

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com