[bksvol-discuss] Re: Slightly OT: A hysterical typo in AT

  • From: "Doug Maples" <wdmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:51:12 -0500

One thing about this faux pas is that it is not a scanno. There was no
mistake made during scanning. When we checked it out in the original book,
that's what it has. So, we are not to change what is in the text, even if it
is an error on the part of the publisher.

So I would guess everybody that bought a copy of this book will read the
part and probably never notice it. But if you are getting it from Bookshare
and using a screen reader or some kind of DAISY reader will hear it
immediately.

I guess another way to look at it is that there are number of people pushing
for sex education classes that would amount to this.

Who knows...

-- Doug