[bksvol-discuss] Skye O'Malley

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:49:11 -0700 (PDT)

My apologies in advance.

Our volunteers seem to be divided, by and large, into
two groups, those who prefer scanning and those who
prefer validating -- and there are some who are
willing to do, perhaps even enjoy doing, both. To some
extent I fall in the latter catagory -- I prefer
validating, and plan to concentrate my efforts on that
until the list gets shorter, but I do have a scanner
am willing to do that.

I have felt, before the present crisis, that books
from the past (I'm older than most of you) that have
been popular, as well as current books that I see from
my work at the library are popular I should scan for
the collection. Also, I've found that there are those
you who like the same books I do, and so if I want to
read something that isn't in the collection, I've felt
that I should scan and thus share it.

But now I feel I need to concentrate on validating.
So, if scanner would like to scan Bertrice Small's
Skye O'Malley (thank you, Allison, for doing the
Bertrice Small books you're done), I'd be more than
happy to validate it -- unless somone else wans to.  I
have seen that there are other Bertrice Small fans
here, too.

http://mail.yahoo.com