[bksvol-discuss] Re: Single Quotations Throughout

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:05:54 -0400

Does it have British spelling? If so, then the single quotes are probably
intentional. Even if it doesn't have British spelling, if it was printed in
England, the single quotes may be intentional. In all the books I've scanned,
or validated, I've never seen a consistent error like that, which leads me to
believe that it is likely that they are not an error.

I may be misremembering, but I seem to recall that you have an Optacon. If so,
it would be easy to check on something like that. If you don't, maybe you can
get someone who can see to check a couple of passages to see what the quotes
look like. There's no way I would  make such a wholesale change like that
without checking very carefully in whatever way I could to see what is in the
book.

Evan