[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sincere apologies for Bookshare website performance

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 01:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Mayrie. If you see him say Hi to him from me (Grandma Cindy and tell
him how happy I am that he's  there.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

department.

>Mayrie
>

>________________________________

    and for the update.

    Message-----
    Fred Slone
>>>Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Sincere apologies for Bookshare
    website
>>>performance
>>>
>>>Good morning everyone,
>>>
>>>I wanted to take
    a moment and offer a sincere apology for the challenges
>>>many of you have
    faced in working with the Bookshare site as volunteers.
>>>Please do know
    that we are aware that we are still have more than a little
>>>work to do in
    getting the website performance where we would like for
>>>volunteer
    submissions and checkout.  We are so grateful for all of
    the
>>>wonderful work that each of you do as volunteers and we know that
    your time
>>>is valuable and wasting it on an under-performing website is
    more than a
>>>little irritating.  We have been talking over the issues
    with our
>>>Engineering team for several months now and they are also trying
    to find
>>>solutions.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, I do not have a quick or easy
    answer for you (yet).  Our
>>>relatively small number of engineers is
    being pulled in many, many
>>>directions and face a very difficult balancing
    act of which priorities to
>>>work on and the website fixes are not
    necessarily quick or easy.  As soon as
>>>I have more definitive
    answers, Alisa or I will make sure that you are all
>>>the first to
    know.

>>>It kills me to read the heartfelt notes from volunteers who
    have worked so
>>>hard on a book and then run into a performance snafu on
    our site.  If we
>>>could beg your patience and indulgence for a bit
    longer, we will/are trying
>>>to find a fix, even if a bit at a time.
    The work you do makes a difference
>>>for Bookshare members all over the
    country and many times, you may not even
>>>know who you have helped.
    So, if you will forgive us our "faults" in this
>>>area, we hope to continue
    to see your books submitted for many years to
>>>come, we wouldn't be the
    same without you.

>>>Regards,
>>>Fred Slone
>>>Director of
    Operations
>>>Bookshare
>>>Phone:  (650) 644-3420
>>>Email:  freds@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>www.bookshare.org
>>>
>>>Join us in celebrating our 10th
    Anniversary!

>>>To unsubscribe from this list send a
    blank Email to
>>>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>put
    the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list
    of
>>>available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
    line.

>>>-----
>>>No virus found in this message.
    2411/4953 - Release Date: 04/22/12

>>>To unsubscribe from this list send
    a blank Email to
>>>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>put
    the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
    available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
    line.

>>No virus found in this message.
  2411/4955 - Release Date:
  04/23/12