[bksvol-discuss] Re: Simple and Advanced Search

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:48:36 -0400

You might have noticed that this message begins with the last word of a sentence. I have no idea what happened to the first part of my message and it was not the most important part anyway, but to make it make more sense to you let me retype that part again. I said: Just a darn minute here. I just tried something with the simple search that I have never tried before. The last word of that last sentence was the first word of the message that got through.

On 3/21/2012 2:42 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
before. It looks like I got back the ability to find the number of books in the entire collection and it is more accurate than the way I have been incorrectly doing it. I just clicked the search button for the simple search without filling anything into the field. It returned 136,124 results. Having already surmised that the simple search searches all languages and knowing that the number of British English books is 135 and knowing that each of the other languages have considerably fewer entries, I am pretty confident that this is the number of books in the entire collection. As I said, the advanced search should be more versatile -- and it is for some things -- but it does appear that the simple search is more versatile for other things. Apparently, if you want to search a specific language then you should use the advanced search and there is still the all languages option there if you fill something into the search fields, but the simple search is, well, just simpler when it comes to searching all languages. Now I need to figure out a way to search for two languages at the same time while excluding other languages.