[bksvol-discuss] Re: Simon & Schuster

  • From: "Robert Riddle" <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:22:47 -0600

Well, there's not much you can do with pdf. I mean, it's a proprietary Adobe
format and not really meant for conversion; the best solution, I've found, is
to OCR them and then proof them like a normal book. This is not, of course, the
ideal solution for you guys, but it's what I do.
Epub is cool though, all it really is is a zip file that has a bunch of html
files and layout information in it. Conversion to daisy is probably pretty easy
with those.
Congratulations on the new publisher acquisition!