[bksvol-discuss] Re: Silent Witness

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:19:08 -0800 (PST)

Lucky. I think Gustavo or whoever must be approving
books from the top of the pile--or else taking newer
books, which makes sense.  There are still books in
the queue from November and from June, unless
Shelley's got into the collection finally.

Kenneth, your scan of  Martin Amis' Dead Babies is in
the collection. I'm assuming you re-submitted it since
I still had the downloaded copy that had been sitting
in the download list. I've rejected that as a
duplicate.

Co-incidentally, two copies, a hardbound and a
paperback, came into our bookstore today--as did a
copy of One-Minute  Millionaire.  Not only are there
two stories continuing on  the opposite pages, but the
non-fiction part has some different formatting --and
the "story" pages are on a pink background, so I can't
imagine how well they scanned. I think, E, you said
you thought the scan was pretty good. I hope you're
right. I'm not going to get to it for a while. I need
some fiction first. smile

Cindy