[bksvol-discuss] Re: Signifying Plot Changes

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:54:16 -0500

Hi Monica,
    No, writing symbols out I think would be a bad idea. Not only is it
supurfluous, it defeats any kind of verbocity options a user may have set.
Or if they're a braille reader, like Sarah mentioned, seeing things spelled
out instead of proper braille symbols could be confusing.

    I stick with the asterisk *, because most lower verbocity settings
pronounce this character, whereas the dash is often times ignored.

HTH,
Jake