[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sign Language books

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:05:33 -0500 (CDT)

To each his own. I use fingerspelling but not ASL. For me, fingerspelling
is easy to receive tactilely, but ASL is very difficult to learn. ºI was
born blind and became deaf later. I've tried to learn ASL several times,
but I just can't remember the signs. Now I'm trying again.

Professional interpreters don't mind fingerspelling for me, though I have
to explain that  for tactile reception the letters must be made tightly.

John

--
John J. Boyer, Executive Director
godtouches Digital  Ministry, Inc.