[bksvol-discuss] Sign Language books

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:37:12 -0400

Some sign language books have pretty good descriptions of the signs being
described, would Bookshare benefit from books like this.  I am looking right
now, as I have a student who is deaf blind, and I know finger spelling, and
some basic signs, like thank you, welcome, and Sorry, but nothing else.  am
teaching her cooking so it is a bit of a mental challenge to make sure we
cover everything I want to cover.  Just curious if anyone was successful
with any sign language books, and if so, what were the titles, so I can look
them up.  I am learning new signs everyday, I learned "Your Welcome" today.
smile.

Thanks.

We have several books in my library, one in particular, might scan pretty
well.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com
Never let mistakes or wrong directions, of which every man falls
into many, discourage you.  There is precious instruction to be
got by finding where we were wrong.

      -- Thomas Carlyle