[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sighted volunteers

  • From: Charles Wadman <cewadman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:53:29 -0800

I, too, am sighted.  In fact, I'm a volunteer braille transcriber.

Charlie

At 09:12 AM 2/17/2005 -0500, you wrote:
> BTW, I've also been wondering -- I know maany of you
> have sighted spouses, but are Carrie and I the only
> sighted people volunteers on this list, does anyone
> know? Are my questions supid or inappropriate?
>
> Cindy

I am a sighted volunteer with an eye disease that has affected my vision. I am kind of shy, so have not been posting to the list, but I read all the postings with great interest, especially validation tips. I validate books, usually by reading them cover to cover which I find more interesting. BTW, I do not have easy access to a local library, which is why I have never volunteered to get books.

Laurel