[bksvol-discuss] Sighted help, again, please?

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 18:58:11 -0700

Hi Everyone!

I have two books that will need sighted help. Neither's chapter headings were anything but junk characters. New font, I think, as both are recent publications. I can submit the first "Breathe My Name" By R. A. Nelson at any time. I'll be able to submit the second "Fake Boyfriend" by Kate Brian by tomorrow evening. If any of you folks who can see is willing or able to get copies of either book to insert chapter headings, I'd be truly grateful. I don't want to submit books without these. Both will have been read from cover to cover, if that lessening of work helps at all. All headers removed, and all pages present.

I'll paste the descriptions of the stories below, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks you guys tons, if you can help. I sure wish they'd stop using such unrecognizable fonts!

Peace,
Mayrie

BREATHE MY NAME
Life should be sweet for Frances Robinson. She has an amazing best friend, lives in a beautiful house with a loving family, and has just met a seriously cute guy named Nix, recently transplanted from Louisiana.

So why do her nightmares startle her awake? And why is she terrified of ambulances screaming in the night?

Frances has a secret. Years ago, before she was adopted by the Robinsons, she lived with her birth mother and three younger sisters in the made-up country of Fireless. Life was good there. Frances' mother, Afton, loved singing, laughing, and dancing in the rain. Most of all she loved Fireless, a beautiful and mysterious place of her own invention.

But the lure of Fireless led Frances' mother deeper and deeper into madness, until she suffocated her children, one after another, in the quiet sunshine of an ordinary morning.

All except Frances. Frances escaped.

Now Afton Jelks is out of prison. And she wants to finish what she started.
---------
FAKE BOYFRIEND
(From The Front Flap)

He's absolutely perfect. If only he were real.

Lane and Vivi have had it with Isabelle Hunters boyfriend, Shawn Littig (a.k.a. Sluttig). He is the only person who can turn their smart, confident best friend into a complete mess. When Shawn Sluttig cheats on and dumps Izzy just months before the prom she's been planning since the ninth grade, Lane and Vivi decide to take action. With a few quick keystrokes, they create a MySpace page for "Brandon," the perfect guy to get Izzy out of her revolving- door relationship with Shawn. Too bad he's totally fake. Vivi's younger brother, Marshall, who they hire to be the "man" behind the profile, is way too into being Izzy's fake boyfriend. So they turn to cute, prep-school Jonathan to be the face of Brandon. But when Vivi falls for Jonathan, and Sluttig tries to wedge his way back into Izzy's prom picture, the whole plan starts to go south faster than you can say "fake boyfriend."