[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sighted Help

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:39:08 -0700

Gary,

A miracle has occurred, I found the book. The difficult sections I see are in the fourth story, the one by Harlan Ellison. Some pages are partly two column, some pages have part of the page normal and part of the page sideways to the rest, and there a few diagrams.

My copy says Paperback library edition, first printing, September 1971.

If my copy is close enough to yours, II could scan the problem pages in pieces and send them to you with comments inserted on how they are laid out in the print book. Then, you could insert those pages in your scan of the rest of the book, submit it and someone else could proof it.
The fourth story starts on page 170
Page 179 and 180 are partly sideways
Page 186 has a small diagram made of letters that the OCR may or may not get right Page 191 has a section that has the text in a very narrow column and one line that is backwards
Page 192 has part in two columns and part just one column
Page 198 has a section that is just what look like random phrases with varying spaces between them. Maybe it makes more sense than that in the context of the story
Page 205 has a section with three short columns of text
Page 206 has a section with two columns of text
Page 207 starts with three columns of text then has only one normal column of text
Page 208 starts as normal text then has sideways text
Page 214 the text is in a spiral.  Probably have to type that in by hand
The story ends on page 216

Misha

On 10/12/2012 10:36 PM, Gary Petraccaro wrote:
I can send tiffs of the pages. I tried to fool around with paint, but the jjjpegs came out Huge. I'm not sure how to scale them down or to what proportions. If I have the right pages, the Tiffs come to about the size of a floppy disc in the old days.

----- Original Message ----- From: "misha" <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>