[bksvol-discuss] Re: Shrinking step 1

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:47:07 -0500

I bet you would like books by Carter Dickson.  They fit the patern of
the classic British mystery of that period, and there is hardly any
chance that you will guess the ending before you get to it. :-)

He also writes under the name  John Dickson Carr, but I didn't like the
one book he wrote under that name that I started to read.  Of course
that probably wasn't enough for a good judgement, but then there
probably is a reason why he wrote under two different pen names.

Anyway, I suggest this author because bookshare doesn't have anything by
Carter Dickson and neither does my public library system.  I would think
he didn't exist if NLS didn't have several books by him.  None of them
are available from web braille, though.  If anyone could get and scan
some of his books I think they would be a good addition to the bookshare
collection.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity