[bksvol-discuss] Should books be requested?

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:54:48 -0800 (PST)

It's true that an individual possibly can get
particular books elsewhere, though I don't know if
they're available in the same variety of formats as
the bookshare books. But it's possible, perhaps even
probably, that if one fan of a genre like scifi wants
books by a particular author, other fans who are
members might also want them. Maybe some people aren't
aware of authors or particular books by those authors.
My acquaintanceship with certain authors has
definitely increased as a result of books I've
validated. I'd never have read these books, and more
by the same author, otherwise.

Just my thoughts.

G. Cindy
-