[bksvol-discuss] Re: Short story collection.

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:30:18 -0400

Paula,

Where a chapter or story is indicated by a number could not the scanner insert the word chapter in square brackets or the word chapter with the phrase [scanners note] similarly to the way rfb adds "readers note". The same could be done with the phrase [new story] though they are usually indicated by titles. RFB and Library of Congress have dealt with these problems and there may be a standard already established as I do not remember having a problem following chapter or story breaks in ear-reading their books. I go through periods when I can see t read and others when I cannot so I don't always remember shich was which regarding something I read but I don't remember a real problem with talking books whatever the source with the exception being those recordings of plays which are dramatised and do not indicate speaker of scene or even act. The "you pays your money and takes your choice [chance?]. "

I hope noone minds when I stick my 2 cents in when not asked.

Amy
omst

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>