[bksvol-discuss] Shawneen and the Gander admin approved

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:05:38 -0500

Dear Volunteers,

Shawneen and the Gander, a very Irish Children's book, a great read aloud, has
been added to the collection.
It's perfect for St. Patrick's day reading or a fun story to read any time as
there isn't a saint or Leprechaun in sight.

I validated from Cindy's clear scan and enjoyed her descriptions of the quaint
pictures. I had no idea how many complementary details I was missing.  Thank
you, Cindy.

long synopsis follows my signature,

Always with love,

Lissi

Shawneen, an Irish farmer's lad, can't afford a bugle he sees in the town shop.
Discovering a large goose egg he decides to earn the money to buy the bugle by
raising the hatchling and selling it at market. The spunky, growing gander,
creates hilarious chaos in the house, barn and field. On market day when
everyone has lost patience with the goose, it becomes a celebrity bringing
Shawneen more luck than he could have hoped for and the grand bugle as well. A
funny tale celebrating the essence of the Irish Countryside.