[bksvol-discuss] Shakespear: The Tragedies

  • From: gail johnson <mama-gail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 06:15:36 -0500

Hello,

I am proofing:

Shakespeare: The Tragedies

John Russell Brown

This book has numerous places with / (slash symbol) occurs between words.

i.e.

man / As

text:
'Think you there was or might be such a man / As this I dreamt of?'

Many times the word before the / does not any capitalization but the one after it many times begins with a capitalized letter.

I wonder if I can remove these slash as scanno garbage? Should I change the first letter in the capitalized word if it doesn't seem to make sense?

This is a Dr. Kenneth Cross book.

This is the most common error in the book.

another question:

Does anyone know the zip for London, England? This appears as garbage I believe.

ondon W11MJLP.

or under the terms of any licence permitting limited copying issued by the Copyright Licensing Agency, 90 I ottenham Court Road, London W11MJLP.

Thanks for any suggestions.