[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sent These to Bookshare

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:53:43 EST

As a matter of fact, that is how Project Gutenberg does it too, so if you
have a valuable or collectible book, for goodness sake, don't send it to
either organization.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sent These to Bookshare
Date:
11/5/2009 2:37:57 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, Debby, when I send stuff to Bookshare, they don't send the books back,
and for my part, I don't expect them to do so. As I understand it, they
remove the covers and chop the books so the pages can be fed through a
document-reader-type scanner. I think that's why people might send them a
lot of paperback books. (Pavi, please correct me if I'm wrong about this
one. I suppose you do the same with hardback books.) Regards, Kim.