[bksvol-discuss] Re: Self-validation

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:41:51 -0400

Nolan you make some very good points, and I'm sorry that I'm too late to
take you up on your challenge.  I love Kate Wilhem and that would have been
a validation that would have been no hardship.  <smile>

I think Carrie and Mary make some good points in favor of self validation,
too.  The truth is that I'd be very happy never to have to validate at all.
I'm only venturing into this side of the equation to help with the
tremendous backlog.  The book I validated last night was Fire:  The
Unexpergated Diary of Anais Nin, and it along with three or four other
volumes of her diary have been on the download page for months.  If
BookShare Administration wants to reject the copy I validated, I'd be glad
to then resubmit the original scan.  I'm not tied to this stuff one way or
the other.  I do it as a volunteer service because I love to read and I
believe in the project.

So now I have to go find something else that might keep my interest from the
download page.

Peace and Hope,

Donna, who may have to break out the Shiraz after all.