[bksvol-discuss] Re: Seeking an award

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:10:55 -0500

Oh, Kerry, oh dah, why didn't I think about that.  smile.

I remember when Me and My Veggies came out, it was the biggest thing in the
elementary school library they had a waiting list for it, smile.  And it was
one of those books you remember the stories into adulthood.  I read another
of  these winners it was called "War of the World" or something similar.  It
had a fox and a raccoon and they were fighting, and built biggernand bigger
piles of dangerous chemical and nuclear weapons.

And they stood on top of the huge piles of stuff, and asked each other, what
can we do, we want to be friends.

It was a good book.  Especially considering who wrote it and very perceptive
North Korea, U.S., Iran are you listening, smile.

Smile, and I would love to see it in the collection.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com