[bksvol-discuss] Re: Searching on the new website

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 21:00:26 -0800

Well, it has been true for some time that we get different results from search when logged in vs not logged in, and that the default for quick search is to leave off good and poor quality books. Those two have tripped me up when doing searches to make sure books I plan to scan are not in the collection. At least for the purpose of making sure a book is not in the collection using advanced search while logged in and making sure to check all book qualities and select "all languages" works best.

Misha

Misha

On 11/11/2014 10:56 AM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been having some issues searching on the new website. Books that I know we have won't always show up searching with one search bar but with will another. I don't have a solution for this, unfortunately, as it's an issue that happens at random that I can't reproduce. I did want to give you all a heads up though, and encourage you to search both using the advanced search and by using the quick search. I'm really sorry about this extra hassle.

Best,

Madeleine Linares

Volunteer Coordinator

Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative