[bksvol-discuss] Re: Screen reader features

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:18:12 -0800

When you're on the download list and you want to view the info for a particular book, hold down the shift key and hit enter on the download link. I'm not sure, but I think this works if you hold down shift and click, too. This opens the info in a new window. That way you can just exit the window as opposed to hitting the back button in your browser. It's a lot faster and saves you having to wait for the download list to reload, which can take a while.

At 05:45 PM 1/10/2005, you wrote:

-Thanks Mike, for that explanation. Those features
would be useful for sighted people, too. I see the
download list as a list of titles and authors. If I
want to see synopses or ratings or who the scanner was
I have to click on "Download" the title. Then all that
information appears in another window, one that
replaces, not appears with, the download list.
Fortunately,since yesterday I wanted to download a lot
of books that need fixing, with IE I could go back to
the download list (but not with Netscape). But that
was a lot of going back and forth.

The features of your screen reader would, as I said,
be usedful for sighted people, too. If the companies
that make the JFW and Window-Eyes could make something
like it for the general public as well, maybe the
price could come down.

http://my.yahoo.com

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.