[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scott's garbled messages

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 19:25:51 -0500

Hey Ann,

If it helps any, the messages that are weird come from Scott's laptop, so that's why a quarter of Scott's messages are garbled and the rest are fine. At least, that's what I've been able to figure out on my end. I can read them with Thunderbird, but not any other email client and I can't read them using my web email client either. If I grab them with a POP account through Thunderbird, the body of the message is fine, but he has what looks like a .sig file at the end that is always garbled. I'm guessing his laptop keeps resetting itself to send out in with some odd encoding, or the way it's set up to tie into Bookshare's intranet is doing something funky.. For what it's worth, you might want to try Thunderbird as an email client if it's available for your operating system, because it's very robust in dealing with this kind of thing. smile.

Judy s.

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi Evan et al,

I sure dunnow what's with Scott's messages. I get messages from all kinds of other people from all over the world, Singapore, India, Germany, Austria, etc. and all over the U.S., and nobody's messages are garbled except for Scott's. And what's really weird is that only about a quarter of them are munged. The rest are fine, just fine. It's the oddest thing.

I would think it was my mailer if I had trouble with more mail than Scott's, hmmm, maybe that should be more males than Scott? <grinning> However, all other messages from both male and females are just fine.

I sure don't know what the problem is, but I enjoy getting Scott's messages. They are timely, important and relevant. As Yule Brenner used to say, "ees a puzzlement!"

Ann P.