[bksvol-discuss] Re: [Scifi] Next Meeting of the Science Fiction Club, Thursday, September 13, 2012

  • From: Lelia Struve <leliastruve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 17:13:42 -0400

Original message:
Hi folks,

We had a good meeting this evening, and there were varied opinions about
our book of choice this month, Dust, by Elizabeth Bear.

For our next book, we'll be reading one that has been mentioned a number
of times this year; it is:

Crossover: A cassandra Kresnov Novel, by Joel Shepherd.

Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, September 13, 2012.
Place: Book Nook at:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e
<http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e>
Time: 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific, and 1:00 UTC.

Our book, Crossover, by Joel Shepherd, is available from BARD.
The BARD link is:
https://nlsbard.loc.gov/cgi-bin/nlsbardprod/downloadbook.cgi?book=33307

Here's the NLS synopsis:

Cassandra Kresnov, an assassin android created by the League for the
interstellar war against the Federation, defects to the Federation world
of Callay. Once her identity is exposed, she is drawn into the political
intrigues of her former enemies. Strong language, some violence, and
some descriptions of sex. 2006.

This book looks intriguing, so hope many of you can read it and join us
at the next meeting to talk about it.

Mary