[bksvol-discuss] Re: Science fiction books being scanned

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:09:24 -0700

Scott,

I was amazed to find none of these in the collection and no Chad Oliver at all (granted he never was a hugely popular sf writer, but none at all *gasp*). This series is from an imprint of Random House, but I'm hoping the publisher is so busy just getting new books into epub that it will be some time before they get this far in the backlist.

Misha

On 7/22/2011 11:42 AM, Scott Rains wrote:
Misha,

Nice collection development thinking to focus on a new series! A quick check on
a couple of the titles showed that we didn't have them yet.

Just a note of reminder to the list. Remember to check thoroughly before
selecting a book to scan and before you begin work on proofing something in the
Checkout List. The alert system we have set up with notices of new publishers,
books being scanned, etc. are helpful but no substitute for that last minute
check using the process outline in the Volunteer Manual:

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/3.+Scan+a+book#3.Scanabook-3dosearchesbeforechoosingabooktoscan

Scott Rains