[bksvol-discuss] Science Fiction Submission: BSO: God Emperor of Dune

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 16:33:50 -0400

Hey Folks, I just sent up a BSO of God Emperor of Dune (Dune Chronicles, Book
4) for anyone to proofread. I've read through it completely and corrected all
noticed errors, (except for misprints of course), made sure that all page
numbers and page breaks are present, adjusted all fonts at the beginnings of
chapters, and removed all headers. Much better quality than the existing copy
on Bookshare.

Here's the long synopsis:

[from inside flaps]
"Millennia have passed on Arrakis, and the once-desert planet
is green with life. Leto Atreides, son of the world's savior, the Emperor Paul
Muad'Dib,
is still alive but far from human. To preserve humanity's future, he sacrificed
his
own by merging with a sandworm, granting him near immortality as the God Emperor
of Dune for the past 3,500 years.
Leto's rule is not a benevolent one. His transformation
has made not only his appearance but his morality inhuman. A rebellion, led by
Siona,
a member of the Atreides family, has risen to oppose the despot's rule. But
Siona
is unaware that Leto's vision of a Golden Path for humanity requires her to
fulfill
a destiny she never wanted ... or could have possibly conceived ..."
This edition contains an introduction by Brian Herbert.

Evan