[bksvol-discuss] Re: Science Fiction

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 05:10:42 -0700

Hi Tim,

Have you gone to the checkout page labeled "Check out a book" from the
"volunteer home" page on the Bookshare web site?  If you don't see it on the
first page of available books to proofread, just keep hitting the "next"
button to get to subsequent pages until you find the book, then hit enter on
the "checkout" link just below the book title, author and date submitted.

Hope that helps.  Let us know if that doesn't work.

Going to the book information page won't help you check it out for
proofreading.  I imagine Roger sent you there so that you could see if it
would be something you'd be interested in proofreading.

Are we certain that the book hasn't already been added to the collection?

To check this possibility, put the book title into the search box on any
page on the Bookshare web site and see if it comes up as available for
download.  If it is available, then it's already in the collection and is no
longer available for proofreading.

Sorry, not a very organized message.  Hope it helps!

Mayrie

  _____