[bksvol-discuss] Scanos and Typos, WAS: Re: Re: Slightly OT: A hysterical typo in AT

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:12:59 -0500

Hi Mayrie and Reggie!

Mayrie, A good example of what you are talking about that I thought was a scanno until I checked the print book to find out it was actually a typo was "tht" instead of "that". Occasionally a word is missing in the hard copy too, which could be mistaken for a missed word in a scan, so, Reggie, there are no hard and fast rules.

Debby

At 01:31 PM 3/15/2011, Mayrie ReNae wrote
Hi Reggie,

We don't leave scanning errors.  But when publishers make errors, we have to
leave those in.

Mayrie