[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning with kurzweil 1000

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 17:08:57 -0400

Blank pages are saved when converting to rtf.
However, I think I should mention that Christopher probably needs to go into
the Conversion settings and disable Split Long Pages. Under Settings for
Opening Documents, in the rtf section, there’s only one setting. Make sure that
Split Long Pages says disabled.
I don’t know if it actually puts hard page breaks into the rtf file when that
setting is enabled, or just the soft ones that MS Word puts in. But it can get
confusing either way, and you definitely don’t want any extra hard page breaks
in the middles of long pages if that’s what it does insert.
Evan