[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning with FineReader, long

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:52:52 -0500

Pam, landscape simply means that the text is placed sideways on the scanner
bed which is most often the way it works out when scanning in two-page mode.
Portrait means that the top of the page is at the top of the scanner bed.
In the final analysis, I don't know that it makes a great deal of difference
which option is checked because there is another option checked that tells
it to automatically adjust for page orientation.  It may save a nanna-second
to have it consistent with what you intend to do.

And Kellie, thanks for saving this post.  I'm saving it, too, but back-up is
definitely appreciated!

Peace and Hope,

Donna