[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning requests anyone?

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 20:38:40 -0500

Carrie and I have been working on filling out the series by J. D. Robb since
all of the new books in that series are making the bestseller list, and
we're having difficulty finding the books at the library and the used book
store.  Here's a list of the books the collection is missing.  If your
library has any of them, it would certainly help if you could scan them.
Just so you know, only the latest have ever been published in a hardback
along with a few reprints of the earliest books, so that's why these are
difficult to find at the library.  They came out before the series became
popular enough to release in hardback, but haven't yet been rereleased, and
it doesn't appear that the publisher's  been re-releasing any in the series
lately.  I've run across of few of the paperbacks because people have bought
them to read then donated them to my library, so it's possible that you
might find one or two of them.

Ceremony in Death

            Judgement in Death

Portrait in Death

Imitation in Death

            Anthology - OUT OF THIS WORLD (with Laurell K. Hamilton, Susan
Krinard, and Maggie Shayne)

Witness in Death also needs a rescan if you have access to it.

I'm currently working on the following in case someone checks the collection
and notices that these books also need scanning.

Betrayal in Death

Seduction in Death

Divided in Death

Those last two are in the collection, but need a rescan.

Almost forgot.  There's another short story collection on the bestseller
list.  It's at #8 at the moment but will probably fall through the cracks
because I doubt it will stay in the top ten more than this one week due to
it being a short story collection.  You can ask Carrie about scanning it
though if you run across it since she can find out if Bookshare has
purchased it for the bestseller project.

Bump in the Night  J. D. Robb, Ruth Ryan Langan, Mary Kay McComas, Mary
Blayney, Nora D. Roberts

Gerald

  _____