[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning question

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 14:22:22 -0500

Hey Judy,
I’m revising my estimate downward.
I was just out mulching leaves (a LOT of leaves), when I realized that my
figure of 100 pages per hour of raw scan was too low. (I did say that I hadn’t
really thought too much about it.) But with my OptikBook 3600, I can get about
three pages per minute. So that’s about 180 pages per hour, scanning one page
at a time, which is what I usually do with hardcovers and trade paperbacks.
Now, with all the assumptions in my original message, that works out to about
(say a bit less than two hours for a raw scan of 300 pages or so. Then, less
than an hour for the cleanup, (again, given that it’s a good clean scan with
clear headers), and we’re talking about two and a half hours (three hours tops)
for a really straightforward scan.
Okay, I hope I don’t have to revise further. <smile>
Evan