[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning picture books

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:12:09 -0500

Hi Cindy.

Indeed pictures do not transfer into the .rtf in fact you aren't supposed to
let them.  smile.

But for times like I have where there is no one around you just have to scan
every page.

I can sometimes tell if a whole page is a picture, but don't want to skip
them unless I know for sure that there is no caption.

That is why I gave Patty the settings I did.  When you are done scanning you
just go through and erase all the Junk that was in the pictures that the OCR
software tried to recognize.

But, indeed if I have someone willing to describe pictures it is great but
not always practical, smile.

I can see the pictures as blocks of darkness, or color, but nothing more.
And as my vision decreases I prefer not to assume and miss something.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com