[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 20:39:34 EDT

I just looked. I have a setting labeled color scanning and another one
labeled white on black. Both can be checked or unchecked and right now they are
unchecked which seems to be the default setting. I saw nothing about
greyscale.

                                                  "Philosophers have merely
interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it." Karl
Marx

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks
Date:
5/21/2009 8:30:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Roger,

I don't use OpenBook, so don't know where to tell you to look for a gray
scale setting exactly.  It should be in your scanner settings menu.  You
should
have options such as, color, gray scale, dynamic, and static.  You may have
either some or all of these as options.  I scan exclusively using gray
scale.
And doing this, if the results prove to be some that you like will keep you
from having to adjust your scanner brightness every time you switch pages.
What gray scale does is adjust itself as needed, essentially.  Nope.  I
have no idea how this is achieved.  What I do know is that the results are
much,
much better, in my experience than any other scanner setting.  The
recognition time is longer than with other settings, but less long when you take
into
consideration the amount of time you'd be spending correcting all the
mistakes that you get with other settings.

Good luck!

Happy scanning.

Mayrie

----