[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:27:03 EDT

As much as I have learned on this list, my ignorance is about to show
again. I don't know what greyscale is. I have seen it mentioned here on numerous
occasions, but my impression was that it had something to do with Kursweil
so I assumed it did not apply to me so I didn't pay much attention.

                                                  "Philosophers have merely
interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it." Karl
Marx

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Old Mass Market Paperbacks
Date:
5/21/2009 6:50:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Do you scan in greyscale? I have to scan in greyscale or I get lots of junk
characters using black and white.

Also maybe bump up the dpi? I always use 300 but sometimes I have to use
400 if it is a stubborn page.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Stories of Deliverance by Marek Hal

Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free
things to do in the U.S.