[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Chat Summary Available

  • From: "Linda Adams" <ladams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:41:39 -0600

Hi, Julie. Thank you for your note. I have learned a lot from these sessions as well. I think that at this point, all of the material that would be helpful in written form from the chat sessions has been transcribed. The gears are shifting more toward book clubs, which are best appreciated at an interactive, participatory level. From now on, unless someone specifically requests transcription of an event or some part of an event, or unless there is formal information given in the chat meetings of interest to all Bookshare participants in general, I won't transcribe the sessions.

On another note, I like your little saying at the end of your message. I am scanning three books right now that I hope you will like. They are based on the television series It's A Miracle hosted by Richard Thomas. A few of the miracles seem a little far-fetched, but for the most part, they are uplifting and inspirational. They are also the last three books that I have bought that need to be scanned. After that, if the budget permits, I will start on the Jane Yolen books with which I promised to help Jamie Yates.

Linda Adams

----- Original Message ----- From: "Julie & Miss Mercy, avon representative" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>