[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Books with Playing Card Pictures

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 19:41:57 -0400

Lora, thanks to Pratik, I was able to find the hold em books on Amazon within minutes, not the hours I'd planned on. I used to have an account on AllInPlay. I canceled it because I was spending too much time playing and not enough time doing work for things that are important to me, like Bookshare. I needed to balance myself a bit. I plan to sign up again this winter. Anyhow, here are the books that I was told to study by someone who plays in tournaments professionally, someone who taught me how to get up to table 50 and actually walk away with more than I arrived with. (grin) I've ranked them in order according to what he told me to study. I will also tell you that Phil Gordon's Little Green Book is available in abridged audio form on Audible. I personally respect both Doyle and Phil Gordon for their ethical playing style. Doyle is a Christian, and he shows that with his behavior at the table. That really impressed me because I used to assume that all poker players were bad boys, people who are somehow dishonest in their lives away from the gaming table. Doyle is a class act, and he taught me by his actions that I could be a good person and still really enjoy the strategy of playing hold em. So he is my hero, someone whose books I want to read very much. I'll be happy to help with the scanning and cost of the books on card games once my budget recovers from that last Amazon sale.

Harrington on Hold 'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol. 1: Strategic Play
by Dan Harrington
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aa.html?HMAC=&CartId=&Operation=ItemLookup&&ItemId=1880685337&ResponseGroup=Request,Large,Variations&bStyle=aaz.jpg&MerchantId=All&isdetail=true&bsi=Books&logo=foo&Marketplace=us&AssociateTag=pocketpc

Doyle Brunson's Super System II
by Doyle Brunson
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aa.html?HMAC=&CartId=&Operation=ItemLookup&&ItemId=1580421369&ResponseGroup=Request,Large,Variations&bStyle=aaz.jpg&MerchantId=All&isdetail=true&bsi=Books&logo=foo&Marketplace=us&AssociateTag=pocketpc

Phil Gordon's Little Green Book: Lessons and Teachings in No Limit Texas Hold'em
by Phil Gordon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aa.html?HMAC=&CartId=&Operation=ItemLookup&&ItemId=1416903674&ResponseGroup=Request,Large,Variations&bStyle=aaz.jpg&MerchantId=All&isdetail=true&bsi=Books&logo=&Marketplace=us&AssociateTag=pocketpc

Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big With Expert Play
by Ed Miller
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aa.html?HMAC=&CartId=&Operation=ItemLookup&&ItemId=1880685329&ResponseGroup=Request,Large,Variations&bStyle=aaz.jpg&MerchantId=All&isdetail=true&bsi=Books&logo=&Marketplace=us&AssociateTag=pocketpc

Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book: More Lessons and Hand Analysis in No Limit Texas Hold'em
by Phil Gordon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aa.html?HMAC=&CartId=&Operation=ItemLookup&&ItemId=1416927190&ResponseGroup=Request,Large,Variations&bStyle=aaz.jpg&MerchantId=All&isdetail=true&bsi=Books&logo=&Marketplace=us&AssociateTag=pocketpc

Bad Beats and Lucky Draws: Poker Strategies, Winning Hands, and Stories from the Professional Poker Tour
by Phil Hellmuth
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aa.html?HMAC=&CartId=&Operation=ItemLookup&&ItemId=0060740833&ResponseGroup=Request,Large,Variations&bStyle=aaz.jpg&MerchantId=All&isdetail=true&bsi=Books&logo=foo&Marketplace=us&AssociateTag=pocketpc

Monica Willyard