[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning Books With kurzweil 1000

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:47:56 -0600

We love using the Plustek OpticBook, either the 3600 or 3800 work exceptionally
well. If you are using a Mac with boot camp the 3800 has a slight edge, but you
can probably get a better price on a 3600 and it isn’t that much slower. We
scan all our books in one page mode over the edge, and it is faster for us then
fixing any recognition errors from two page mode. Once you’ve done book edge
scanning, you can never go back to anything else, in my opinion.

Oh, yeah, we have scanned over 300 books on hours with no signs of wear and
then passed it on to someone who is scanned several hundred books as well. We
were fortunate to upgrade to a 3800 couple years ago so it could work better
with my Mac using Boot Camp where a lamp patch on 3600 never worked quite right.

Feel free to ask any questions… There are many users here we use the Plustek
OpticBook and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone complain beyond the long-ago
lamp issue.

Merry Christmas!
Valerie