[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scannin g

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

Well, when I scan I have to scan one page at a time,
so I have to sit at the scanner anyway.  It's boring,
and also was starting to cause pain in my arthritic
shoulders, which is why I stopped scanning whole
books.

And yes, I do hold the binding down both for hardbound
and for paperback books. Also, one has to press the
edges, too, or parts of lines will be lost.
Fortunately, most book pages are of such a width that
one can press down the binding and still exert enough
pressure at the open edge of the book that the scans
generally come out o.k.

For hardbound books from the library that have those
plastic covers to protect the paper cover, I find if I
put my hand inside the cover and on top of the book
itself it works best.

Cindy

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs