[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner's Elbow and all.

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:11:21 +0000

Taking otc pain and anti inflammatory medications, can relieve pain but  it can cause even more if you are not careful.   Take it from one who has been there, Always take aspirin, ibuprophen, and any other such With Food, even if you have to eat something 4+ times a day. I lost 50 pounds in 3 weeks from an ulcer directly related to Excedrin taken without food and, sometimes, worse: with sodas or coffee or or tea. All acidic drinks.  Since I recovered I have never taken any strong medicine, unless specifically told not to, with either food or milk [which is more a food than just a liquid].  One ulcer is enough to last a life time.  And you don't forget if you've had an ulcer. Mine was almost 25 years ago but every time I start to skip the food  I think twice and get milk if I have it or at least a slice of bread and peanut butter or cheese or something to buffer and absorb the acid and it will not slow down the absorption of the medicine. [ Don't think an ulcer is a way to lose weight as you gain it back as soon as the ulcer is under control.]

One other suggestion. Heat can sometimes aggravate muscle and joint pain if you have it on too long but cold warms up soon enough that you don't get a rebound effect.  I find Mineral Ice  works well for my arthritic hands without being uncomfortable. Just be careful with any menthol products on the hands to not rub your eyes. It sounds obvious but it is easy to forget.

Hoping this helps,

Amy
omsm
--