[bksvol-discuss] Scanner problems

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 04:14:24 -0700

Hi ladies and gents, I've been reading messages about problems with scanners
from you. First, thank you all for doing yeoman service and submitting books
so I can help make your files look pretty for the readers. I know I'm just
doing a sort of rear guard action so to speak, i.e., proofreading your work,
but I sincerely hope you folks can get better input from those scanner
manufacturers. I have the latest version of Kurzweil myself, but I use it to
allow me to read Braille on my computer (I have a Braille display). I don't
precisely know if that is what this scanning software is supposed to do
that, but for me, it's worth it to have it for that reason (Word 2013 drives
me nuts most of the time and right now I don't know how to set it so my
emails are sent in msg format and anything I might want to save is in docx
format. (In short, I don't know how to set it so it will do what I want
instead of what it wants). I hope you can get more reliable answers for your
situations. I also don't know if you'll have to buy new scanners, but I can
designate my credits to help out if needed. Regards, Kim Friedman.