[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanner for 64-bit machine

  • From: Gmail For Deb <djoutland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 23:07:36 -0400

Hi Tracy,

You might not need to give up yet in trying to get your old scanner to work. It
isn't  quite clear to me if you have actually spoken to a person at the scanner
manufacturer. If you have not, I suggest you call them and talk to their tech
support people. If their website states that your third-party software will
work in your situation, then they will be obligated to help you get that to
work properly.

If that is what you have already done, you can try the same thing with both the
software from the third party, and your Kurzweil tech support folks.  As
expensive as Kurzweil is, they particularly should be willing to help you make
it work properly.

This is likely to take a while, because you may have to wait for someone at
each place you call. But, if you can make it work, then you at least won't have
to buy a new scanner unless you just want to! Smile

Best of luck!

Deb Outland
Lexington, Kentucky