[bksvol-discuss] Scanner Comparison Question?

  • From: "Kim Loftis" <kll2277@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:30:57 -0500

Hi all,

Hope everyone is enjoying a fun, festive and fabulous holiday season.

I know we've been around this topic several times, so please forgive something
of a repeat.  My dad gave me a heck of a Christmas gift and offered to buy me
the book scanner of my choice, so at last and to my total delight, I'll be
starting to scan regularly and abundantly for Bookshare.  I'm nervous, but also
very excited.  What a present!

So, to those of you who have used the Optic-Book 4800, how does it compare to
the 3800, if you've used it?  If the 3800 will sufficiently meet a regular
scanner's needs, I'm perfectly happy to stick with it.  Any other scanners to
consider?  Is there something similar to the 3800 that is also large enough to
accommodate a larger book, say, a coffee table sized one?

All experiences / advice very appreciated.  Anything will be marvelous after my
little Cannon flatbed.  *smile*

I really look forward to becoming a regular scanner, and to volunteering in
that capacity.  I'm sure the first submission will be the most daunting,
psychologically, anyway.  Hahaha.

Thanks so much.

Warmest Wishes,
Kim

"The one who waits the fine day, will get the fine day."
~ Irish Proverb